To Change Your Password
- To change your password in current versions:
- In the Admin Panel menu, go to USERS
- Click on your username in the list to edit
- In the Edit User screen, scroll down to the New Password section and type in a new password in the two boxes provided. The strength box will show how good (strong) your password is.
- Click the UPDATE PROFILE button
- Note: Your new password takes effect immediately.
Resetting Password Through the Automatic Email:
- If you know your username or the email account in your profile, you can use the “lost password” feature of WordPress.
- Go to your WordPress Login page (something like http://yoursite.com/wordpress/wp-login.php).
- Click on the Lost your password link.
- You will be taken to a page to put in some details. Enter your username or the email address on file for that account.
- Wait happily as your new password is emailed to you.
- Once you get your new password, login and change it to something you can remember on your profile page.