How is Bandwidth measured?

Bandwidth is measured in Megabits transferred per second (Mbps), sampled every 5 minutes on the industry standard 95th Percentile.

What this means is the top 5% of all traffic spikes are discounted, with the remaining 95% of all transfer used to calculate the average Mbps for the month.

One (1) Mbps is roughly equal to 328 Gigabytes of data transferred over the course of one month.

Depending on the traffic patterns of the web sites you host, the 95th Percentile reporting may be slightly higher or lower than your server’s actual bandwidth usage.