A domain name transfer is a is the release and move of a domain name from one registrar to another. A domain name registrar is the organization or commercial entity allowed to manage the reservation of Internet domain names in accordance with the guidelines of the designated domain name registries and offer such services to the public. Domain name registration is not the same as web hosting and should not be confused as such.
The act of transferring a domain name is quite simple. Each registrar does it slightly different however. To transfer your domain name registration to Canvas Dreams, you need to follow these simple guidelines.
1. Make sure the domain is not locked.
2. Make sure the domain does not have private registration enabled.
3. Generate a EPP key code for the domain name.
4. You have access to the registrant contact email for the domain name.
5. There are more than 15 days until the domain name is set to expire.
6. The domain name was registered over 60 days ago. Anything less than 60 days on a newly registered domain name will not be available for transfer.
Submit a new support ticket and provide the domain name and EPP code.